The Altered Prisms Art Show, an exhibit featuring works by artists on the autism spectrum, will be hosted at the CCAA Museum of Art from August 10 through September 30, 2012. This exhibit will be accepting submissions by artists until May 1, 2012.
- Only artists on the Autism Spectrum are invited to participate.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 images. Submission is not a guarantee of acceptance into the show.
- The deadline for submitting digital entries is May 1, 2012. Images in jpeg format must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paintings or drawings submitted must not exceed 18″x24″ (not including the frame size) and can be in any medium. Exceptions for sizes may be requested by contacting Gene Sasse directly at : email@example.com.
- All entries must be framed or professionally presented (frameless pieces must have canvas edges painted, with no visible staples showing, watercolors and drawings must be professionally presented under glass or plexiglass) and ready to hang with a wire on the back.
- Artists will be informed as to their acceptance into the show by June 1, 2012
- Intake will be July 29 and Aug 2. Artists are responsible for delivery and pick up or shipping costs both ways.
- Take down will be September 30 between 4-5 pm or October 4 through 6 between 12-4 pm.
- Entry Procedure & Format:
- Digital Entries ONLY. Please adhere to the following requirements for size of digital images.
- Format: JPG
- Resolution: 72 dpi with 1000px as largest dimension saved as a jpeg quality 10
- File Size: Not to exceed 2.0 MB for each image submitted
- Color Mode: RGB
- File Delivery: Digital images submitted via email or disk
- File Name Format: lastname_firstname_title.jpeg
- Without your name in the file name we will not know whose art belongs to whom once all the images are placed into folders for judging.
The Madison House Autism Foundation is hosting an art exhibition featuring the work of autistic adults. The show runs through May 30, 2012 and will be hosted at the Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus in Rockville, MD. More information about the show can be found on their website.
One of my digital art pieces, “Escape”, will be displayed as part of the Art of Autism exhibits in April and May. “Escape” is based on my poem, “Letter to My Father”, and is a digital art print on photo paper. “Letter to My Father” appears in the 2012 edition of The Art of Autism, which is now available for purchase from its website.
“Escape”, along with art from several other artists on the autism spectrum with work in The Art of Autism, will be featured in both the April and May shows.
The first Art of Autism exhibit will be at the Bohemia Coffee House in Ojai, CA during April (click on the image below to view larger).
The May exhibit will be at Curious Cup in Carpinteria, CA. Click here for more information.
The Art of Autism has three upcoming shows this spring. Information is courtesy of Debra Hosseini, editor of The Art of Autism.
NEWSFLASH! The 2012 edition is coming March 21, 2012 and includes 77 artists and poets on the spectrum (including me — my poem, “Letter to My Father”, is in the book)!
- April 1 – April 30 at the Bohemia Coffee Shop in Ojai, California. There will be an art reception and book signing on April 15 — join Celebrate Autism and others at this event!
- May 1 – May 31 at the Curious Cup Bookstore in Carpinteria, California. There will be an open Studio Art Tour during the weekend of May 12 – May 13. Also, there will be an art reception, book signing, and other events — details to be announced.
- In collaboration with the Santa Barbara Art Walk for Kids, there will also be a show at the Faulkner Gallery May 1 – May 30. Details to be announced.